LubeCorp Manufacturing Inc. has taken the steps to enter the European Union market. One of the conditions to export to EU is compliance with the European regulations that govern the manufacturing and import of chemicals – REACH. This is a complex regulatory process that is designed to protect human health and the environment from the use of chemicals and requires all the manufacturers and importers in the European Union to register chemicals in their products, assess their impact and assure safety of all parties involved in the manufacturing, sale and use of the products.
More about REACH
REACH is a regulation that governs Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals in the European Union. It entered into force in June 2007 as EU Regulation (EC No. 1907/2006).
REACH has the following aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers) responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.
- To allow the free movement of substances in the EU market.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances.
REACH makes industry responsible for assessing and managing the risks posed by chemicals and providing appropriate safety information to their users. In parallel, the European Union can take additional measures on highly dangerous substances, where there is a need for complementing action at EU level.
LubeCorp Manufacturing Inc. works closely with its European partners to assure compliance with REACH. All our products imported in the European Union are compliant with this regulation.
If you have any REACH-related questions, please contact our Product Stewardship Team by sending your e-mail to [email protected].