REACH is a regulation that governs Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals in the European Union. It entered into force in June 2007 as EU Regulation (EC No. 1907/2006).
REACH has the following aims:
- To provide a high level of protection of human health and the environment from the use of chemicals.
- To make the people who place chemicals on the market (manufacturers and importers) responsible for understanding and managing the risks associated with their use.
- To allow the free movement of substances in the EU market.
- To enhance innovation in and the competitiveness of the EU chemicals industry.
- To promote the use of alternative methods for the assessment of the hazardous properties of substances.
REACH makes industry responsible for assessing and managing the risks posed by chemicals and providing appropriate safety information to their users. In parallel, the European Union can take additional measures on highly dangerous substances, where there is a need for complementing action at EU level.
LubeCorp Manufacturing Inc. works closely with its European partners to assure compliance with REACH. All our products imported in the European Union are compliant with this regulation.
If you have any REACH-related questions, please contact our Product Stewardship Team by sending your e-mail to [email protected].